This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Miscellaneous identifiers charset conversion cleanup
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 04 May 2009 18:32:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: Miscellaneous identifiers charset conversion cleanup
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
"Joseph S. Myers" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| This patch makes identifiers handling in the language and target
| independent parts of the compiler allow for extended identifiers and
| translate them to the locale character set as appropriate (presuming
| that UTF-8 is always OK for assembly output and debugging dumps).
| Some representative tests are added, including verifying that
| -ffunction-sections and -fdata-sections work with extended
| I decided that when toplev.c announces functions to stderr this should
| count as diagnostics rather than debugging dumps, and be converted to
| the locale character set.
| (Not all changes from %qs to %qE are in places where extended
| identifiers can actually occur, but it still seems cleanest to reduce
| the number of direct IDENTIFIER_POINTER calls and use the %E format
| rather than %s for identifiers.)
| Bootstrapped with no regressions on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. OK to