This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, libgfortran] PR38439 I/O PD edit descriptor inconsistency
- From: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at verizon dot net>
- To: Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 13:02:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch, libgfortran] PR38439 I/O PD edit descriptor inconsistency
- References: <49FC9F8A.email@example.com>
Jerry DeLisle wrote:
The attached patch has been regression tested on
x86_64-unknown-gnu-linux. None of our test cases check for the actual
error locus point. Most of this patch is adjusting the compile time
locus to get closer to the point of error with the format string.
I think it is safe to commit and see if anyone finds any issues. None
of the error messages have been changed.
I should add that this locus adjustment is crude. It might be better if the
error machinery just handled it more transparently. I don't have much time
lately to work further on this and want to get to higher priority work.