This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: pretty-ipa merge 17: CD-DCE wrt cyclic CFGs fix
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, steven at gcc dot gnu dot org, rguenther at suse dot de
- Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 13:12:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: pretty-ipa merge 17: CD-DCE wrt cyclic CFGs fix
- References: <20090426235338.GB13251@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
did we get some conclusion about this patch? There are real bugs in
empty loop removal that can be seen when compiling testsuite with
-funsafe-loop-transformations (it ICEs when removing loop exited via
SWITCH statement for example).
So I would like to remove it in favour of teaching CD-DCE aboutloops.
It adds need to fire scev up one extra time (during early optimizations)
but I do need empty loop removal in early pass anyway (it happens in
pooma code commonly, not only tramp3d after inlining simple
We can get better definition of control dependency later, but that is
followup anyway :)