This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][RFC] Fix PR39943, wrong code with vectorized conversion on x86_64
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, irar at il dot ibm dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:06:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][RFC] Fix PR39943, wrong code with vectorized conversion on x86_64
- References: <alpine.LNX.email@example.com>
Richard Guenther wrote:
This fixes the ICE on 177.mesa caused by type checking which catched
the wrong-code issue that we are happily doing vectorized
float -> unsigned and unsigned -> float conversions with the SSE
cvtdq2ps and cvttps2dq instructions which only work with signed
integer value ranges. Oops.
because they all use conversions to/from unsigned ints. Ira - do you
prefer adding another vector capability, vect_uintfloat_cvt, here
or placing strategic XFAILs in the tests? Are there corresponding
tests for signed int conversions? Do ppc and ia64 really handle this
I'll bootstrap / test this soon. Uros, is the backend change ok?
Yes, backend change is OK for all branches.