This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Emit accurate debug info for short-circuit operators
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:56:00 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Emit accurate debug info for short-circuit operators
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> * c-common.c (c_common_truthvalue_conversion): Use LOCATION to build
> NE_EXPR operations as well.
> * c-parser.c (c_parser_condition): Do not set location information on
> the condition.
> (c_parser_conditional_expression): Likewise.
> (c_parser_binary_expression): Set location information on operators.
These changes are OK.
> * c-typeck.c (build_unary_op) <TRUTH_NOT_EXPR>: Reset the location if
> TRUTH_NOT_EXPR has been folded.
Could you explain why this is needed in more detail? Why isn't the
location passed in to build_unary_op always appropriate for the final
Joseph S. Myers