This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] New pass to partition single function into multiple sections
- From: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Revital1 Eres <ERES at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Ulrich Weigand <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>, Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Trevor_Smigiel at playstation dot sony dot com
- Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 20:30:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] New pass to partition single function into multiple sections
- References: <OF0CEF908A.49798BFD-ONC2257598.0023C1C2-C225759D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Revital1 Eres <ERES@il.ibm.com> wrote:
> This patch introduces the code to partition a function into multiple
> sections from the spu-4_5-branch into mainline.
> Here is a link to the original posting which explains the motivation for
> the patch: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2008-08/msg00607.html
> It was reviewed before by Michael and Trevor-
> I am going to send the debug support as a follow up patch.
> It passes bootstrap and regtest on powerpc64 and x86_64 (with part2 of
> the patch). ?On SPU it passes regtest (c, c++, and fortran)
> OK for mainline?
Is this now better integrated with the hot/cold partitioning stuff or is it
simply a re-post of the patch that was proposed during last stage3?
> (See attached file: patch_partition_14_4.txt)(See attached file:
> changelog.txt)(See attached file: testsuite.txt)