This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA][lto merge]: support for cgraph node sets
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:45:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFA][lto merge]: support for cgraph node sets
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> This patch adds support for creating callgraph node sets. This
> is used during LTO compilation to partition the callgraph into
> subsets for work distribution.
> This feature is currently not exercised in mainline, but I would
> like to merge it early to avoid too much code drift with the
> other changes coming in from pretty-ipa and other ipa work.
> Jan, are you OK with this?
It seems OK with me.
The overall scheme is to put stuff related to IPA optimization that
works on callgraph into ipa*.c and separate header (i.e. keep cgraph
about datastructure itself and cgraphunit about collecting data from
frontends and driving passmanager). So it would seem to make more sense
to have this in ipa-utils.h. But declaring this part of cgraph
seems fine with me too. Move the actual implementation to ipa.c though,
we do have stuff like cgraph postorder there too.