This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Enable type-checking throughout the compilation
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:26:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Enable type-checking throughout the compilation
- References: <alpine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 09:16, Richard Guenther <email@example.com> wrote:
> Thus - ok for trunk (given the Java parts are approved)? ÂI do not
> really want to repeat this fix-the-fallout-from-the-last-year
> experiment too often ...
Agreed. At worst, we could add some exceptions in the verifier, but
only if the alternative is not feasible.
> 2009-04-16 ÂRichard Guenther Â<firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Â Â Â Â* tree-cfg.c (remove_useless_stmts): Verify stmts afterwards.
> Â Â Â Â(verify_gimple_assign_binary): Work around Ada subtype issues.
> Â Â Â ÂAllow POINTER_PLUS_EXPR-like PLUS_EXPR for vectors.
> Â Â Â Â(verify_stmts): Dispatch to gimple/type verification code.
> Â Â Â Â* tree-inline.c (remap_gimple_op_r): Work around C++ FE
> Â Â Â Âissue with call argument types.
> Â Â Â Â* ipa-struct-reorg.c (gen_size): Fold the built expressions.
> Â Â Â Â(create_general_new_stmt): Note that this function is broken.