This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] cfgrtl.c: Remove delete_insn_chain_and_edges.
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:19:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] cfgrtl.c: Remove delete_insn_chain_and_edges.
- References: <20090416080306.7824D6F62058@daisy.codesourcery.com>
Kazu Hirata wrote:
> Attached is a patch to remove delete_insn_chain_and_edges.
> AFAICT, this function has been unused since Steven Bosscher removed
> libcall notes on 2008-06-17.
> Bootstrapped on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. OK to apply?
I think you can commit all of these as obvious.
In particular this one would seem to be useful as a general purpose API,
but it is only applicable in some cases. For example, I tried to use it
when I converted combine to cfglayout mode, but then it turned out I
needed to call purge_dead_edges before delete_insn...