This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] ARM half-precision floating point, 3/8 (target hooks)
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 04:00:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ARM half-precision floating point, 3/8 (target hooks)
- References: <49E65DCB.email@example.com>
Sandra Loosemore wrote:
> This patch adds the target hooks that are required to get the C and
> C++ language-level support for HFmode, specifically including the
> implicit promotion and restrictions on function argument/return types.
> The included documentation patch should be sufficient to explain the
Is this necessary at all? Can we define HFmode to be a storage-only
type at the language level?
(Just wondering. The series looks great).