This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH RFA: Avoid enum bitfield in C++ frontend
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:26:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: PATCH RFA: Avoid enum bitfield in C++ frontend
- References: <email@example.com>
Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
This is how I think the code looks best--I don't see a need for a
special type to hold this combination of bitfields. However, it would
be a smaller change to let the C++ frontend continue to use
tsubst_flags_t, and simply do "typedef int tsubst_flags_t". If the C++
frontend maintainers would prefer that patch, I can do that instead.
I think I would prefer that; the typedef provides documentation about
what the complain parameter means. If it goes away we'd need to add a
note to the comments before all the functions.