This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [cond-optab] Convert frv
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:44:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: [cond-optab] Convert frv
- References: <E1Lml40-0002Nm-Fs@fencepost.gnu.org> <20090413205503.GA27066@hungry-tiger.westford.ibm.com>
> I recall when working on the FR-V a few years ago, one of the problems with the
> chip was when reload wanted to spill the CR registers. It might be a concern
> if your patches make reload more prone to extend the lifetime of cr registers.
Luckily FR-V is one of the targets that achieves 100% same assembly
language output, so I guess this is not the case now.