This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [plugins][patch] Print plugin versions
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Rafael Espindola <espindola at google dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 17:42:52 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [plugins][patch] Print plugin versions
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Rafael Espindola wrote:
> The attached patch makes the compiler (cc1, cc1plus, ...) print the
> version of the plugin it has loaded when given --version. I am not
> sure if this is the best way to do it. In particular:
> *) Should it be mandatory for the plugin to specify a version? If so,
> it is probably better to change the plugin_init signature instead of
> adding new plugin_event as the patch does.
I think all plugins should be required to specify a version and
bug-reporting information; they may also provide other help if desired.
Joseph S. Myers