This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, libgfortran] Merge of fortran-dev IO to trunk
- From: Daniel Kraft <d at domob dot eu>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: jvdelisle at verizon dot net, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:33:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch, libgfortran] Merge of fortran-dev IO to trunk
- References: <200904061611.n36GBQ305948@lucas.cup.hp.com>
Steve Ellcey wrote:
I believe the fortran-dev merge is causing many failures on my
IA64 HP-UX platform. I am getting a bus error at line 154 of
io/read.c in the Fortran library:
Starting program: /proj/opensrc/nightly/build-ia64-hp-hpux11.23-trunk/x
Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error
si_code: 1 - BUS_ADRALN - Invalid address alignment.
0x9fffffffbd717700:0 in *_gfortrani_convert_real (dtp=0x9fffffffffffef80,
dest=0x9ffffffffffff07c, buffer=0x6000000000021de0 "1", length=8)
154 *((GFC_REAL_8*) dest) = strtod (buffer, NULL);
This is because the dest buffer does not have the needed alignment to
hold the double value being written into it here. I will submit a
PR for this bug.
thanks for testing this! That was caused by my floating-point reading
patch, where I changed this to not use a memcpy; I thought there were
already other points in the library that use this casting... I will try
to locate them, so we can see if those fail, too, and need a fix.
To go: Hea-Kni-Mon-Pri