This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR39648 (maybe the various ICEs and bootstrap failures)
- From: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 21:51:16 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR39648 (maybe the various ICEs and bootstrap failures)
- References: <alpine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Sun, 5 Apr 2009, Richard Guenther wrote:
> This works around the long-standing stupidity of the C frontend generating
> ADDR_EXPRs with wrong types, &Array with pointer-to-element type instead
> of &Array. Seemingly folding *&Array to Array of course leads to
> interesting effects if you start to insert expressions of that type in
> Bootstrap & regtest running. It would be nice if all the people that
> reported bugs without preprocessed source would verify if the following
> patch fixes their issues.
Applied as rev. 145569. I verified SPEC CPU2000 now builds as well.