This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [plugins] RFA: Merge plugins into mainline [4/5 - configury]
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Le-Chun Wu <lcwu at google dot com>, bonzini at gnu dot org, aoliva at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 21:38:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: [plugins] RFA: Merge plugins into mainline [4/5 - configury]
- References: <20090402162412.GA22918@google.com> <email@example.com>
On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 06:30:15PM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> It's not clear to me that we should be testing for ELF hosts, although
> that may suffice for now. As far as I can see, all the plugin support
> requires is dlopen and dlsym. We could have the configure script test
> for those, rather than use a list of hosts.
Wasn't the problem that plugins could call any function in GCC, or did
that get scrapped? Thus -rdynamic.