This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: GPL2+exceptions -> GPL3+exceptions (non-Ada)
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 18:10:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: GPL2+exceptions -> GPL3+exceptions (non-Ada)
- References: <email@example.com>
Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> The attached patch is the compliment to Jakub's patch. It upgrades
> all(*) of the current GPL2 + exception files to GPL3 + GCC Runtime
> Library Exception.
> I am running a plethora of local builds for a large variety of
> different cross compilers and native compilers and so far no
> problems have emerged. Assuming that all goes OK, may I have
> permission to apply the patch ?
While you've got that sed script handy: do we have any more need for the
COPYING file, which is GPLv2? Should we consider "mv COPYING3 COPYING"
and changing the license boilerplate to refer to COPYING?