This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: patch modifying ColdFire, power4, an power5 pipeline descriptions
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:49:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFA: patch modifying ColdFire, power4, an power5 pipeline descriptions
- References: <email@example.com> <49D2C070.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 9:16 PM, Vladimir Makarov <email@example.com> wrote:
> The compiler size is increased by 4% with these changes and building
> insn-automata.c is increased by 2 min (from 1min to 3 min) on 1GHz power4.
> There is no difference in code for power5 on SPEC2000. ?For power4, the code
> is different but there is no visible difference on SPEC2000 scores. ?The
> SPEC2000 code size is a bit smaller with the new power4 description.
> I don't know did I answer your question. ?Are these changes ok?
Yes, the patch is okay.
It would be best to hold off on applying the patch until next week so
that its effect can be distinguished
from Richi's alias-improvements branch merge.