This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] BB vectorizer and vectorizer reorganization
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Ira Rosen <IRAR at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Dorit Nuzman <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:45:29 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC] BB vectorizer and vectorizer reorganization
- References: <OFB57AB7CE.CD868A13-ONC22574FC.00311CEA-C22574FD.003256BD@il.ibm.com>
Ira Rosen <IRAR@il.ibm.com> writes:
> - We'll introduce a new flag -fbb-vectorize, that we plan to turn on by
> default when -ftree-vectorize is set.
I think it's a great idea but I think the name of the option is rather
obscure for users. Sorry to paint the bikeshed, but why not
(If you want something which is only for developers but not for users,
use a --param.)