This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 4.3/4.4 PATCH: Fix Solaris/x86 bootstrap with Sun ld (PR bootstrap/33100)
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at techfak dot uni-bielefeld dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 08:04:12 -0800
- Subject: Re: 4.3/4.4 PATCH: Fix Solaris/x86 bootstrap with Sun ld (PR bootstrap/33100)
- References: <18671.26770.804364.445962@manam.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Rainer Orth <email@example.com> writes:
> Fri Oct 10 16:27:14 2008 Rainer Orth <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
> PR bootstrap/33100
> * config.gcc (i86-*-solaris2*): Include i386/t-crtstuff
> only with GNU ld.
I may well misunderstand, but this seems like a somewhat hacky
workaround which avoids a bug in the linker by introducing a bug in
the unwind information. However, I don't have a better suggestion,
and it sounds like this will be fixed in later versions of Solaris.
I'll approve this patch for mainline and 4.3 branch.