This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: [PATCH]: bump minimum MPFR version, (includes some fortranbits)
- From: Nils Pipenbrinck <n dot pipenbrinck at cubic dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 22:28:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: [PATCH]: bump minimum MPFR version, (includes some fortranbits)
- References: <OFC84C70D0.DFCC377F-ONC12574E2.0042BFBE-C12574E2.00441902@AT.TOP.COM>
Markus Milleder wrote:
I don't think anybody who tries to build GCC from source will have anyNot entirely true:
problem building MPFR first.
Those of us who use cygwin and want to use the latest GCC have to first
compile a non MPFR GCC (e.g. 4.1.x) before they can compile the latest
GPFR and link GCC to it.
This is not a big deal if you know that you have to do that, but if you
don't know why the MPFR fails and wich snapshot you have to use as an
immediate step it can be very frustrating.
I would welcome a configuration option that disables all the MPFR
related things. That would make compiling GCC on a naked cygwin
installation *much* easier.