This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Bug middle-end/37448] patch to compute alloc-pool stats correctly
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Ian Lance Taylor" <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: "Kenneth Zadeck" <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>, "Hubicha, Jan" <jh at suse dot cz>, "Daniel Berlin" <dberlin at dberlin dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:33:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Bug middle-end/37448] patch to compute alloc-pool stats correctly
- References: <48DD5BBE.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <48EB8F6B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Kenneth Zadeck <email@example.com> writes:
>>> I wonder if some of the types in alloc_pool_descriptor should be
>>> size_t rather than int, though it's hard to imagine it making a
>>> difference in real life.
>> I noticed this too, it actually does make a difference in the printing
>> of the values on the testcase since they overflow. However, I did not
>> know how to modify the formats in the printfs to print the size_ts.
> The simple way is to use "unsigned long" and "%lu".
Which probably doesn't work for win64 ... of course there
isn't a portable one for size_t or long long.