This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Fix PR other/37463 (All Solaris/x86 eh tests fail)
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Rainer Orth <ro at techfak dot uni-bielefeld dot de>
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:52:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix PR other/37463 (All Solaris/x86 eh tests fail)
- References: <18667.34451.309776.825356@manam.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
> While the first two combinations work ok and restore the EH tests to
> working order (with only a few other testsuite differences due to different
> capabilities of the linkers used), the third combination doesn't look so
> good: while the 32-bit EH tests all work, the large majority of the 64-bit
> EH tests fail as before.
Strange, results are nominal on the SPARC with GNU as 2.19.50, both in 32-bit
and 64-bit mode. I'll look into what happens with the 64-bit mode on x86.
> I have no good idea how to proceed from here, so I'm offering the current
> patch as is because it is a strict improvement over the current situation.
FWIW I agree, thanks for writing it.