This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, c++] Fix C++ tests on HP-UX, Solaris, FreeBSD.
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gerald at pfeifer dot com, jh at suse dot cz
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 09:40:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, c++] Fix C++ tests on HP-UX, Solaris, FreeBSD.
- References: <200810061612.m96GCKi24858@lucas.cup.hp.com>
> This patch fixes g++.old-deja/g++.other/static14.C and
> g++.old-deja/g++.other/static20.C on IA64 HP-UX (and probably on
> i386-unknown-freebsd6.3 and Solaris too).
Yes, it does on Solaris too, thanks for fixing this.
> These tests started failing with r138150 when changes were made to C++
> inlining. As part of that change setting DECL_INLINE and
> DECL_DECLARED_INLINE_P were removed from start_cleanup_fn. DECL_INLINE
> no longer exists but DECL_DECLARED_INLINE_P still exists and should be
> set in start_cleanup_fn.
All the more so that the comment
/* Make the function `inline' so that it is only emitted if it is
actually needed. It is unlikely that it will be inlined, since
it is only called via a function pointer, but we avoid unnecessary
emissions this way. */
is still there.