This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unreviewed C++0x patches
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Gregor <doug dot gregor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:37:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: Unreviewed C++0x patches
- References: <email@example.com>
Doug Gregor wrote:
This is the implementation of N2488/N2555 accepted a few weeks ago,
changing the binding of variadic template template parameters:
This is OK too.
This second patch is meant for mainline. I'm torn about whether it
should go into the 4.3 branch. It is a non-trivial change to semantics
of variadic template template parameters (not good for a branch), but
this is the "experimental" C++0x mode and I think we're better off in
the long term if we fix discrepancies with the C++0x standard as
quickly as possible.
I think it's appropriate to fix bugs in new features in the branch. Any
release managers have an opinion?