This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [wwwdocs] news.html -- adjust link to GCC Wiki page
- From: "Manuel López-Ibáñez" <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- To: "Gerald Pfeifer" <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:40:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] news.html -- adjust link to GCC Wiki page
- References: <alpine.LSU.email@example.com>
On 22/03/2008, Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Someone/something must have changed a number of URLs on the GCC Wiki;
> this fixes one of those issues.
The update to MoinMoin 1.6 messed up all URLs that contained spaces.
That was certainly a bad thing because many of our wiki pages did
contain spaces. So many external links to the wiki will be broken. I
think the best fix (rather than fixing the external links) is to
(re)create the page with spaces in the name and make it point to the
new page using #REDIRECT
For example, see the source code of
It would be ideal to do this in an automatic way if someone knows how
to modify the wiki database directly. Even better would be to revert
the space to underscore conversion altogether since [[a page with
spaces]] still works as before, so I can't really grasp why all those
pages where converted.