This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Do not recompute_tree_invariant_for_addr_expr
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:30:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Do not recompute_tree_invariant_for_addr_expr
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:16:39PM +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:
> As we switched is_gimple_min_invariant to re-check its property at
> every call we no longer need to keep the cache (TREE_INVARIANT)
You are not touching just TREE_INVARIANT, but also TREE_CONSTANT.
Are you sure it is ok to keep an ADDR_EXPR TREE_CONSTANT when it is no
E.g. omp-low.c can change TREE_CONSTANT ADDR_EXPRs (e.g. &global_var)
into non-constant ADDR_EXPRs (&.omp_data_i->global_var).