This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tuples][patch] Removing gimplify_val
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Oleg Ryjkov" <olegr at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Diego Novillo" <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:37:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [tuples][patch] Removing gimplify_val
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:59 AM, Oleg Ryjkov <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> This patch removes gimplify_val and updates the callers, since it
> basically duplicates what is done by force_gimple_operands_gsi, which
> in turn is more general and used way more often.
> Tested on i686-linux - no new failures, 1 testcase fixed.
> Diego, OK to commit?
Can you do so on the trunk as well? The only difference I see with
the two functions is that gimplify_val sets location information on
the new stmt - you may want to do some digging in the archives
for what reason this went in and eventually update force_gimple_operand_bsi
to do so as well.
> 2008-03-13 Oleg Ryjkov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * tree-cfg.c (gimplify_val): Removed.
> (gimplify_build1, gimplify_build2, gimplify_build3): Use
> force_gimple_operand_gsi instead of gimplify_val.
> * tree-complex.c (extract_component): Use force_gimple_operand_gsi
> instead of gimplify_val.
> * tree-vect-generic.c (expand_vector_parallel): Ditto.