This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Status of the 4.1 branch (was: [4.2 PATCH]: backport solaris11 c99-math fixincludes patch)
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Gerald Pfeifer" <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: "Andreas Tobler" <andreast-list at fgznet dot ch>, "Kaveh R. GHAZI" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>, "GCC Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, bkorb at gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:11:57 +0100
- Subject: Re: Status of the 4.1 branch (was: [4.2 PATCH]: backport solaris11 c99-math fixincludes patch)
- References: <47C50AB2.email@example.com> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <47C5B89F.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.LSU.email@example.com>
On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Richard Guenther wrote:
> > The 4.1 branch is in deep maintainance mode and should receive only
> > serious wrong-code bug fixes and fixes for regressions on the branch
> > itself. It also won't get any more releases due to GPL transition
> > issues.
> Could you add a note to our main page regarding this, or shall we just
> leave the latest status there where, after the work on the 4.3.0 release,
> the 4.1-branch isn't actually present any longer?
> For the time being I only committed the patch below which updates the
> status of GCC 4.3 and GCC 4.4, but I'd volunteer to resurrect the 4.1
> entry in a shorter version essentially stating what you wrote above.
I think keeping it removed is ok.