This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Updated baseline_symbols.txt
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: doko at cs dot tu-berlin dot de (Matthias Klose)
- Cc: jakub at redhat dot com, richard dot guenther at gmail dot com, bkoz at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, falk at debian dot org, rth at redhat dot com, waldi at debian dot org, uweigand at de dot ibm dot com, davem at davemloft dot net, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 16:08:29 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Updated baseline_symbols.txt
> > Has hppa-linux also changed the long double size, or why those has been not
> > found by configure before and now they are? You could ressurrect the math
> > exports as *l@GLIBCXX_* instead of *l@@GLIBCXX_* by tweaking the #ifdef
> > above _GLIBCXX_MATHL_WRAPPER definition in compatibility.cc - change that
> > #ifdef _GLIBCXX_LONG_DOUBLE_COMPAT
> > to
> > #if defined (_GLIBCXX_LONG_DOUBLE_COMPAT) || (defined (__hppa__) && defined (__linux__))
> > or whatever Benjamin prefers (of course the primary thing is to find out
> > what changed). No idea why __signbitl is popping up, it shouldn't be
> > exported.
The size of long double has not changed on hppa-linux. It is the same
size as double. I believe what has changed is glibc. Version 2.6
introduced long double math routines and maybe some other new functions.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)