This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tuples] Fix miscompilation of gimple.c
- From: "Andrew Pinski" <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: "Diego Novillo" <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Bill Maddox" <maddox at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 18:38:51 -0800
- Subject: Re: [tuples] Fix miscompilation of gimple.c
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Diego Novillo <email@example.com> wrote:
> A void function should not return a value.
In C90/C99, it is valid to do return a(); if the return type is void
for both functions. This is not valid C++ though.
So is this really a bug in the code or just a bug in the warnings not
doing it for -Wc++compat (or what ever that option is)?