This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [4.3/4.4]: PATCH: PR target/35453: nmmintrin.h defines macros SIDD_XXX
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:03:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: [4.3/4.4]: PATCH: PR target/35453: nmmintrin.h defines macros SIDD_XXX
- References: <47CD9B36.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 07:55:50PM +0100, Uros Bizjak wrote:
> >2008-03-03 H.J. Lu <email@example.com>
> > PR target/35453
> > * config/i386/smmintrin.h (SIDD_XXX): Renamed to ...
> > (_SIDD_XXX): This.
> This patch is OK for mainline. I would vote to get this patch into 4.3
> branch before releasing 4.3.0, since it is needed for compatibility with
> a de-facto standard compiler and it avoids compatibility problems
> between 4.3.0 and 4.3.x (or 4.4.x). Also, this is a mechanical rename
> patch without any destabilization impact.
Yeah, please commit it to 4.3 ASAP.