This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Updated baseline_symbols.txt
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Matthias Klose <doko at cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- Cc: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, falk at debian dot org, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Bastian Blank <waldi at debian dot org>, Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>, John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 04:32:44 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Updated baseline_symbols.txt
- References: <20080229193619.GN24887@devserv.devel.redhat.com> <email@example.com> <20080229225931.GO24887@devserv.devel.redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org.HOWL>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 12:48:04AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Built gcc-4_3-branch revision 132801 as a (patched) package for
> Debian; test results are available on gcc-testresults (sorry, I can't
> currently provide results for pure upstream builds). The baseline
> symbols for i486, x86_64, powerpc do match the current symbols on the
> branch. Attached are the diffs for alpha, hppa, ia64, mips, s390,
> sparc. The diffs for alpha, hppa, s390, sparc are regressions from the
> files currently checked in; compared to the 4.1 version these look ok.
> I'm CCing port maintainers; I'd appreciate feedback if these are real
> problems, if the new symbol files should be checked in, or if these
> should be removed.
Thanks for doing this.
s390, ia64, mips and sparc baseline_symbols.txt changes look fine
(on s390 and sparc addition of 283 entries with *_LDBL_* symvers which
match the 283 *_LDBL_* entries in powerpc-linux-gnu, except some occassional
s/m/j/ etc. differences - always did diff between that arch and ppc),
121 new entries with GLIBCXX_3.4.(|10)|CXXABI_1.3.2 symvers
which match those for powerpc-linux-gnu resp. x86_64-linux-gnu
(again, eyeballed diff) and optionally changes of the math
*l@@GLIBCXX_3.4* exports to *l@GLIBCXX_3.4*. So those are fine.
alpha seems to be problematic, it removes over 2000 entries, that can't be
right and certainly shouldn't be checked that way.
hppa has just a few problems:
Has hppa-linux also changed the long double size, or why those has been not
found by configure before and now they are? You could ressurrect the math
exports as *l@GLIBCXX_* instead of *l@@GLIBCXX_* by tweaking the #ifdef
above _GLIBCXX_MATHL_WRAPPER definition in compatibility.cc - change that
#if defined (_GLIBCXX_LONG_DOUBLE_COMPAT) || (defined (__hppa__) && defined (__linux__))
or whatever Benjamin prefers (of course the primary thing is to find out
what changed). No idea why __signbitl is popping up, it shouldn't be