This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc-4.3.0-RC-20080301 test failures on ARM EABI
- From: Andreas Tobler <andreast-list at fgznet dot ch>
- To: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Java Patch List <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 22:25:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: gcc-4.3.0-RC-20080301 test failures on ARM EABI
- References: <47CC2FAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrew Haley wrote:
This is a testsuite bug that I'd like to fix on gcc 4.3 branch. It means
that all gcj tests fail on ARM EABI.
TCL's string match command doesn't have the semantics that the patch author
thought it had, and so a vital piece of logic isn't being executed in the
testsuite. string match has glob semantics rather than regexp semantics,
and this is needlessly obscure. Fixed thusly.
I apologize, I tested this on ppc-linux and i686-linux but as it seemed
only in terms of working or not. I did not check if the -specs really apply.
I'm sorry, next time I'll pay more attention.