This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Libtool/Autoconf incompatibility issue
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 09:09:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Libtool/Autoconf incompatibility issue
- References: <20080302223134.GC14107@ins.uni-bonn.de>
Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
This is a mere defensive patch. If (parts of) GCC or binutils happen to
use the next Autoconf, 2.62, by error or intention, without previously
updating Libtool, there is one incompatibility due to how Libtool uses
an Autoconf macro with wrong M4 quoting. The patch below (which has of
course long made it into upstream CVS Libtool) fixes this issue, and
yes, it is backward compatible to Autoconf 2.59.
This is ok for gcc and src anyway.