This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [vtab and trunk?] ifcvt: try 'then' only if 'else' is unsuitable
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Alexandre Oliva" <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 13:16:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: [vtab and trunk?] ifcvt: try 'then' only if 'else' is unsuitable
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Alexandre Oliva <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Nov 26, 2007, "Richard Guenther" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > On Nov 26, 2007 7:44 AM, Alexandre Oliva <email@example.com> wrote:
> >> On Oct 1, 2007, Alexandre Oliva <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> >> > Index: gcc/ChangeLog
> >> > from Alexandre Oliva <email@example.com>
> >> > * ifcvt.c (noce_process_if_block): Try to handle only the then
> >> > block if the else block exists but isn't suitable.
> >> :ADDPATCH ifcvt:
> >> Ping?
> >> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-10/msg00070.html
> > First this patch misses a testcase, 2nd, as it doesn't look like a regression
> > fix (thouhg it looks straight-forward), it needs to wait for stage1.
> It's stage1 now, and I don't have a testcase. The only one I had
> involved debug insns. Do I really need to come up with one that
> doesn't, or can this go in as it is at this time?
> I've re-tested on x86_64-linux-gnu, FWIW.
Hm, well. Ok anyway then.