This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix canonical types w/ transparent unions (4.3 regression, PR c++/35315)
- From: "Doug Gregor" <doug dot gregor at gmail dot com>
- To: "Mark Mitchell" <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches List" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Jakub Jelinek" <jakub at redhat dot com>, "Jason Merrill" <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:37:52 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix canonical types w/ transparent unions (4.3 regression, PR c++/35315)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <47C86041.email@example.com>
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Doug Gregor wrote:
> > Here's a slightly improved patch, which moves the canonical-types fix
> > into build_duplicate_type. I'll commit to mainline tomorrow if there
> > are no objections. However, I'm pinging Mark and Jakub to ask whether
> > this is patch should also go into 4.3. I believe the answer is "no",
> > but here's some reasoning.
> I agree it's not a severe problem, but it is going to lead to problems
> somewhere, for someone, and it's a simple patch so let's put it in on
> the 4.3 branch as well.
Thanks, I've committed it to the branch.