This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [ecj] Patch: FYI: fix ordering bugs, others
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Java Patch List <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:47:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ecj] Patch: FYI: fix ordering bugs, others
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tom Tromey writes:
> >>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Haley <email@example.com> writes:
> >> * PR 27643, a bug involving the order in which we read class files.
> >> This is fixed by moving around the java_mark_class_local logic.
> >> Note that this breaks .java compilation; I didn't look into this
> >> because...
> Andrew> I'd like to back-port the fix for PR 27643 to older branches. In what
> Andrew> way does it break .java compilation? It looks to mek like the change
> Andrew> you made only affects .class files.
> I don't remember, sorry.
I've looked, and I'm sure your patch for PR 27643 is wrong, sorry. :-(
It disables the use of hidden aliases when compiling from .jar files.
This is because the code path where you moved the call to
java_mark_class_local() isn't executed when compiling from .jar.
A simpler fix for this PR is, rather than trying to move the call to
java_mark_class_local(), to fix up the RTL when we mark the decl. If
a call has already been made to the external symbol rather than its
hidden alias, that really doesn't matter.
2007-12-17 Andrew Haley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* decl.c (java_mark_cni_decl_local): If the ASSEMBLER_NAME is
already set, call java_mangle_decl() and make_decl_rtl() to
rewrite its name as a hidden alias.
--- java/decl.c (revision 123182)
+++ java/decl.c (working copy)
@@ -2180,18 +2180,27 @@
java_mark_cni_decl_local (tree decl)
- /* Setting DECL_LOCAL_CNI_METHOD_P changes the behavior of the mangler.
- We expect that we should not yet have referenced this decl in a
- context that requires it. Check this invariant even if we don't have
- support for hidden aliases. */
- gcc_assert (!DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME_SET_P (decl));
#if !defined(HAVE_GAS_HIDDEN) || !defined(ASM_OUTPUT_DEF)
DECL_VISIBILITY (decl) = VISIBILITY_HIDDEN;
DECL_LOCAL_CNI_METHOD_P (decl) = 1;
+ /* Setting DECL_LOCAL_CNI_METHOD_P changes the behavior of the
+ mangler. We might have already referenced this native method and
+ therefore created its name, but even if we have it won't hurt.
+ We'll just go via its externally visible name, rather than its
+ hidden alias. However, we must force things so that the correct
+ mangling is done. */
+ if (DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME_SET_P (decl))
+ java_mangle_decl (decl);
+ if (DECL_RTL_SET_P (decl))
+ SET_DECL_RTL (decl, 0);
+ make_decl_rtl (decl);
/* Use the preceding two functions and mark all members of the class. */
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903