This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, i386]: Fix PR target/34312; spill failure with -O2 -fPIC -march=pentium-m on i386
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:47:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, i386]: Fix PR target/34312; spill failure with -O2 -fPIC -march=pentium-m on i386
- References: <4756BEDB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> There already exists the functionality, where implicit regparm value is
> lowered due to increased register pressure caused by global_regs usage.
> However, register pressure is also increased by fixed_regs in similar
> way (they are not available to register allocator), so it is somehow
> logical, that fixed_regs registers should be handled here in the same
> way as global regs.
This sounds sensible to me.