This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lto]: patch committed to fix STRING_CSTs
- From: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Nathan Froyd <froydnj at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:37:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: [lto]: patch committed to fix STRING_CSTs
- References: <474EE340.firstname.lastname@example.org> <474EEA4A.email@example.com>
Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Kenneth Zadeck wrote:
>> STRING_CSTs almost always have types. The one case where this is left
>> out is for asm operands. This patch adds a type there so that the
>> serialization can be uniform.
>> 2007-11-29 Kenneth Zadeck <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * lto-function-out.c (output_expr_operand): Fix STRING_CST to
>> always have type.
> I wonder if it makes sense to fix it in build_string directly?
it could, I did not know how many places in how many front ends i would
have to track this down. do you want to do it and send me a patch?