This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [committed] Skip floating-point var-expand tests for soft-float MIPS targets
- From: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at nildram dot co dot uk>
- To: Bob Wilson <bwilson at tensilica dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:07:17 +0000
- Subject: Re: [committed] Skip floating-point var-expand tests for soft-float MIPS targets
- References: <email@example.com> <474B5C48.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Bob Wilson <email@example.com> writes:
> Xtensa soft float targets have the same issue. What would you think
> about generalizing your check to handle other targets? This patch
> skips these tests for Xtensa, and I think preserves the current
> behavior for MIPS. I flipped the target procedure to check for "hard
> float" instead of "soft float" just because that seemed more natural
> when dealing with multiple targets.
Looks good to me, thanks, although I can't approve it.