This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR34197 new bogus array overflow warnings
- From: "Andrew Pinski" <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: "Dirk Mueller" <dmueller at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 03:38:47 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR34197 new bogus array overflow warnings
- References: <email@example.com>
On 11/23/07, Dirk Mueller <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> * reg-stack.c (swap_to_top): Add assert'ed expression to
> if() to prevent unroll of dead code.
Please don't add this. Please instead add turn off the unitialization
warning with --disable-checking (or when assert checking is off) or
turn it into warning instead of an error.
The reason for this is because the warning is not really correct as it
is not unitialized, it is just GCC cannot tell if it is or not.