This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Merge flow-sensitive info in merge_alias_info
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:01:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Merge flow-sensitive info in merge_alias_info
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Richard Guenther wrote:
This patch makes us merge flow-sensitive alias info in simple propagation
cases where we previously failed to do so. I am not sure if this just
increases precision or also fixes correctness, so if it is appropriate
for stage3 or not.
It should not affect correctness one way or the other, so I think it
should be harmless.
* tree-ssa-copy.c (may_propagate_copy): Remove redundant
(merge_alias_info): Do verification only if checking is
enabled. Merge flow-sensitive alias information in simple
* tree-ssa-operands.c (get_addr_dereference_operands): Also
complain about missing NMTs.
* gcc.dg/tree-ssa/alias-17.c: New testcase.