This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2][Modulo-sched] Fix the direction of the scheduling window
- From: Revital1 Eres <ERES at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ayal Zaks <ZAKS at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Andrey Belevantsev <abel at ispras dot ru>, "Alexander Monakov" <amonakov at ispras dot ru>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:53:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2][Modulo-sched] Fix the direction of the scheduling window
Ayal Zaks/Haifa/IBM wrote on 21/11/2007 17:37:20:
> Revital1 Eres/Haifa/IBM wrote on 20/11/2007 15:47:59:
> > Hello,
> > When determining the scheduling window of a node all types of edges are
> > taken into account. Currently when a node has both predecessors and
> > successors it will be set close to it's predecessors. In fact it can
> > be that a node has only one successor with true dep edge but it will be
> > scheduled close to it's allegedly predecessor; because of the anti-dep
> > edge between the two nodes. Trying to avoid this confusion and reduce
> > life range of registers we choose to set the scheduled node close to
> > predecessors or close to it's successors based on true deps edges only.
> > This change makes SMS succeed on the attached testcase with
> > on SPU. The testcase was provided by Vladimir.
> > Bootstrapped and tested together with the follow on patch (2/2) on ppc,
> > SPU and x86 with no new regressions.
> > :ADDPATCH modulo-sched:
> > OK for mainline?
> Yes, with minor comments below.
Thanks, I'll wait for the approval of patch 2/2 before committing the
fixed version; as patch 2/2 fixes a bug exposed when testing this patch.