This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch,fortran] PR31608 again - wrong types in character array/scalar binop
- From: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- To: Paul Richard Thomas <paul dot richard dot thomas at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, rguenth at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 21:29:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch,fortran] PR31608 again - wrong types in character array/scalar binop
- References: <email@example.com>
Paul Richard Thomas wrote:
> 2007-11-16 Paul Thomas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> PR fortran/31608
> * trans-array.c (gfc_conv_expr_descriptor): Remove exception
> for indirect references in the call to gfc_trans_scalar_assign.
> * trans-expr.c (gfc_conv_string_parameter): Instead of asserting
> that the expression is not an indirect reference, cast it to a
> pointer type of the length given by se->string_length.
> Regtested on Cygwin_NT and to be put through the mill tonight on x86_ia64/FC5.
> OK for trunk?
I just bootstrapped GCC including the option --enable-checking=yes,types
and did a make check-gfortran without failures.
As the patch also looks clean: OK for the trunk.
Thanks for fixing,