This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR/34012, fwprop does not look at rtx_costs
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: bonzini at gnu dot org
- Cc: "GCC Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Uros Bizjak" <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, "Richard Guenther" <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 18:09:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR/34012, fwprop does not look at rtx_costs
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4738151E.email@example.com> <4739D955.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Nov 13, 2007 6:05 PM, Paolo Bonzini <email@example.com> wrote:
> >> The referenced patch introduces:
> >> Running
> >> /home/uros/gcc-test-svn/trunk/gcc/testsuite/gcc.target/i386/i386.exp ...
> >> FAIL: gcc.target/i386/addr-sel-1.c scan-assembler a\\+1
> >> FAIL: gcc.target/i386/addr-sel-1.c scan-assembler b\\+1
> >> on 32bit x86 target.
> The attached patch, bootstrapped/regtested i686-pc-linux-gnu, fixes the
> failure. Uros mentioned privately that the i386 part makes sense to him.
The middle-end changes also make sense to me. So, this is ok if there's
no override from someone else in the next 24h.
> 2007-11-12 Paolo Bonzini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * rtlanal.c (rtx_cost): Don't change outer_code if we are
> inside a MEM.
> * config/i386/i386.c (ix86_rtx_costs): Return a cost of 0
> for valid addresses involving PLUS and ASHIFT.