This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] gcse.c: don't compute a mapping from CUID to INSN
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 03:27:05 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gcse.c: don't compute a mapping from CUID to INSN
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 11:46:13PM +0100, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> Thus. Don't do useless work in gcse.c. This saves 2 passes over all
> insns with -fgcse, and even 3 with -Os. I doubt this will have any
> measurable impact, but one has to start somewhere.
> Patch is untested beyond "it compiles", but that's really sufficient
> in this case anyway :-)
> * gcse.c (CUID_INSN): Remove.
> (cuid_insn): Ditto.
> (alloc_gcse_mem): Don't allocate cuid_insn.
> (free_gcse_mem): Don't free cuid_insn.
I'd say just commit it as obvious, the last and only user of that has been
removed more than 3 years ago, incidentally by you:
2004-05-14 Steven Bosscher <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* passes.c (rest_of_handle_null_pointer): Remove.
(rest_of_handle_cse): Don't call rest_of_handle_null_pointer.
* rtl.h (delete_null_pointer_checks): Remove prototype.
* gcse.c (rd_kill, rd_gen, reaching_defs, rd_out, ae_in, ae_out):
(get_bitmap_width, alloc_rd_mem, free_rd_mem, handle_rd_kill_set,
compute_kill_rd, compute_rd, alloc_avail_expr_mem,
free_avail_expr_mem, compute_ae_gen, expr_killed_p, compute_ae_kill,
expr_reaches_here_p, computing_insn, def_reaches_here_p,
can_disregard_other_sets, handle_avail_expr, classic_gcse,
(gcse_main): Do not perform classic GCSE when optimizing for size.
(alloc_pre_mem, free_pre_mem): Don't touch ae_in and ae_out, they
are never used.