This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [libgfortran,committed] Fix syntax that IRIX sed doesn't like
- From: Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- To: François-Xavier Coudert <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 10:49:08 +1100
- Subject: Re: [libgfortran,committed] Fix syntax that IRIX sed doesn't like
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 19:17 +0000, FranÃois-Xavier Coudert wrote:
> I committed (rev. 130015) the patch below as obvious after noticing
> that the IRIX sed didn't like the previous one (introduced by my patch
> dated 2007-10-26). Bootstrap now progresses further on
> mips-sgi-irixi6.5, and still works on x86_64-linux.
> - | sed 's/ *TRANSFER *// ; s/_.*//'`
> + | sed 's/ *TRANSFER *//' | sed 's/_.*//'`
This is perhaps a bit of a micro-optimisation, but would it not be
faster to use sed -e 's/ *TRANSFER *//' -e 's/_.*//' instead of two seds
in a pipeline?