This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++: Correct the size of construction vtables
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 15:43:04 -0800
- Subject: Re: C++: Correct the size of construction vtables
- References: <20071107153726.GA22514@caradoc.them.org>
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> build_ctor_vtbl_group first builds a decl with the wrong type, then
> uses it to construct various other things and determine the proper
> type, then sets the proper type.
Yes, that's disgusting. In general, all of this stuff with vtables
should be done later and more lazily; right now, we proactively generate
vtables without having any evidence we'll actually need them.
> Bootstrapped and regression tested on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (C, C++, and
> Java since this is a front end change). Also verified that it
> fixes the testcase on ARM. OK to commit?
(650) 331-3385 x713