This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: fix column numbers in C parser errors
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 08:13:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: Patch: fix column numbers in C parser errors
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 09:36:36PM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I adopted a simple rule while writing this patch: all calls to error
> functions (error, warning, and the pedwarn family) in c-parser.c must
> provide a location using %H. This is simple to understand and forces
> the author of the call to think about which location is appropriate.
I'm sure this has come up before, but are there any error reporting
functions that take the location directly without the %H? Should
Not only will this invalidate a lot of existing translations, but
it's also pretty confusing to read the new strings, IMVHO.